Let's Get Tasting!
Congratulations, you've received your wine! Scroll down to learn more about the wines featured in your tasting experience. (They're all winners!)
SAVE THE DATE!
Save the date (and your wines!) for our virtual Live Tasting Event on September 27th at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. Join our Vinebox sommelier and fellow wine-lovers for a winning combination of great wine and giveaways - don't miss the party!
Region: Bizkaiko Txakolin, Spain
Txakolina wines are a real unique treat. Straw color with an intense green iridescence, the nose is granny smith apple, white peach and asian pear and a certain herbaceous character like green guava candy and fresh cut grass. The palate is bright and tart and bursting with those same fruit salad notes on the aroma coming together with a fresh and cheerful finish.
Lobster Mac and Cheese Bites
- 8 oz cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 8 oz cooked macaroni pasta
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a saucepan overmedium heat, melt the butter.
- Pour in the milk and stir untilit's warmed through.
- Gradually add the shredded cheddarcheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese ismelted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season the cheese saucewith a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper.
- In a mixing bowl,combine the cooked lobster meat and cooked macaroni pasta.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the lobster and macaroni mixture, and gently stir to coat everything evenly.
- Transfer the mixtureto a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden and the dish is heated through.
Maior de Mendoza Oceanico Selección
Region: Rias Baixas, Spain
A tasty single vineyard select Albariño that's straw yellow in color and boasting a complex bouquet of orange blossom, white flowers, sugar torched grapefruit and beeswax. The palate is juicy and fresh with lychee, peach, almond, tangerine and pear flavors harmoniously blending together with the floral aromas.
Tandori Chicken Sliders
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into slider-sizedpieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tandoori spice mix (store-boughtor homemade)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Mini slider buns
- Lettuce leaves, Tomatoes, Red Onions
- Mint-coriander chutney (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt, tandoori spice mix, lemonjuice, and a pinch of salt to create the marinade.
- Add thechicken pieces to the marinade, ensuring they are well-coated.Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing theflavors to infuse.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over mediumheat. You can also use a skillet if needed.
- Grill the marinatedchicken pieces for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fullycooked and charred slightly.
- Toast buns on the grill or toaster.
- Assemble the sliders with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, sliced red onion and mint-coriander chutney as desired.
Chateau L'Enclos des Rozes
Region: Gaillac, France
Merlot gets a bad rap but for no good reason. Arguably the most blue-flavored of French red wines, the merlot grown here is juicy and evocative of finger staining backyard bramble bushes. Acai, currant and soft sweet sage hints round out this very pleasant red wine.
Mango Salsa and Brie Quesadillas
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Brie cheese, sliced
- Butter or oil for cooking
- In a bowl, combine the diced mango, red onion, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make the mango salsa. Mix well and set aside.
- Lay out a flour tortilla and place slicesof Brie cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Spoon a generous amountof the prepared mango salsa over the Brie cheese.
- Fold the otherhalf of the tortilla over the cheese and salsa to create a half-moon shape.
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add a little butteror oil to coat the pan.
- Place the filled tortilla in the pan and cookfor 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is golden and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Remove, cool slightly and slice into wedges, serving with additional salsa for dipping.
La Galiniére Cabernet
Region: Languedoc, France
Arguably the king of red wine varietals but not typically in this part of France, Cabernet Sauvignon grown here in the Languedoc is softer and more subtle, though still powerful and expressive. Black currant, farmer's market fresh plum and dark sweet cherry flavors are then backed up by cracked black pepper and a hint of mint.
Classic Sausage Rolls
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 8 gourmet sausages (such as porkand apple, chicken and herb, or your choice)
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional, for topping)
- Dijon mustardor chutney (for serving, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and cut into smaller rectangles that are about twice thelength of the sausages.
- Place a sausage onto the center of each pastry rectangle.
- Carefully fold the pastry over the sausage, sealingthe edges with a fork to create a decorative pattern.
- Place the sausage rolls onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down,and brush with beaten egg. If desired sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brownand crispy, and the sausages are cooked through.
- Slice in bit-sized pieces and serve with dijon mustard or chutney for dipping
Region: DO Terra Alta, Spain
Bright and dense red cherry. High intensity on the nose with red and black berry fruits present, backed by subtle hints of wood and spice. Full-bodied and fruit-forward with red currant and berry fruits, spice and developing notes.
Sesame Glazed Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or pork)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, egg, minced garlic, grated ginger, chopped green onions, salt, and pepper. Mix until well incorporated.
- Form mixtureinto bite-sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked with a golden-brown exterior.
- Prepare glaze. In a small bowl, whisk togethersoy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and Sriracha sauce until well combined.
- Remove cooked meatballs from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Dip each meatball into the sesame glaze, coating evenly.
- Place the glazed meatballs back on baking sheet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the glaze to caramelizeslightly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving.
Meldor Rioja Rouge
Region: Rioja, Spain
A traditional wine with a touch of modernity! Black forest fruit like blackberries and blueberries and chocolate covered cherries with oak providing an elegant aroma of toffee and sweet violets. Fleshy on the palate with good acidity and loads more of those rich forest berries. A fun wine for both new wine drinkers and traditionalists.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Figswith Goat Cheese and Honey
- Fresh figs (as many as desired)
- Prosciutto slices
- Goat cheese
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Gently wash and dry thefigs. Cut a small slit in the top of each fig to create a pocket.
- Take a small amount of goat cheese and stuff it into thepocket of each fig.
- Wrap each fig with a slice of prosciutto,securing the cheese inside.
- Place the wrapped figs on abaking sheet lined with parchment paper, and drizzle a smallamount of honey over each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, untilthe prosciutto is crispy and the figs are tender.
- Arrangeon a serving platter, drizzle a touch of balsamic glaze overthe figs and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.